NEW PROGRAMS AND PRIZES ANNOUNCED
Due to many requests for postponement of the qualification deadline, the Indianapolis International Ballet Competition is pleased to extend the deadline for competitors to Friday, February 13th. The Competition Director, Jolinda Menendez said, “So many dancers coming out of a demanding Nutcracker Season and then time off for the Holidays haven’t had as much time as they need to prepare a qualification video and complete the application process. We are happy to encourage as many dancers to enter the competition and plan to still have invitations sent to competitors to attend the competition in Indianapolis before the end of February.”
The announcement comes in the midst of additional updates about the June 11-14 competition in Indianapolis including:
- Qualification change – Dancers may use video footage from 2014/2015 competitions or other solo footage instead of studio footage if desired. The new deadline for qualification is now Friday, February 13th.
- Additional prizes – In addition to contracts, scholarships and cash prizes, competitors have the chance to win extended one-hour, one-on-one coaching sessions with one of today’s leading artists such as: Maxim Beloserkovsky, Irina Dvorovenko, Gillian Murphy, Ethan Stiefel, Daniel Ulbricht and more.
- Television and streaming coverage – Plans to live-stream competition performances/variations are in place. The PBS television affiliate in Indianapolis is interested in filming and broadcasting a documentary of the competition to be directed by George De La Pena (former principal dancer with American Ballet Theatre, professor, actor, director, producer.)
- Application update – Attention U.S. competitors – A Passport copy is not required for U.S. citizens.
- We ask that if you live outside the U.S., that you scan the Passport and include it in the application, but it is not required for qualification.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.